Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Currently!

Happy 2014!  What a busy, busy year 2013 was for me and my family - hopefully 2014 will be even better!

I'm linking up with Farley today at Oh Boy 4th Grade to share my January Currently with you.  I always love linking up each month to share what's new and to read about some great new bloggy friends!


Listening - To the Rose Bowl Parade!  10 years ago I got to watch it in person as my brother marched in the parade and I have loved watching it ever since!  It's such a unique parade and I love the detail and beauty in each float.  It's so much cooler to see them up close and smell the flowers!  Although I don't think I'll ever miss waking up at 4:30 a.m. on New Year's Day to make it to the parade!

Loving - Need I say more? :-)  I <3 having the time to sleep in, run on my own schedule, spend time with family, and get done some projects on my school and home to-do lists.  Although I think I cram in a bit too much on my time off - but it's still more relaxing than being at school!  I don't know what I would do if I worked in a career where I didn't have a refresh button in the middle of the year.

Thinking - Of my New Year's Resolutions!  I am loving the "one word" idea that so many people are talking about/blogging about this year.  Last year I had many, many new year's resolutions that I made, and some of them I'm still looking at! :-(  This year, I'm sticking to the one word philosophy and making my resolution - IMPROVEMENT.  I love how that's so simple and yet something I can do, and be happy about at the end of 2014!  If I change one small eating habit, add a little more exercise to my schedule, spend more time with family, or free up my calendar to BLOG MORE... any of that would be an improvement and something that would make me smile.  Why clutter up 2014 with a long to do list and list of resolutions?

Wanting - A Snow Day!  Please?!  I'm watching today's winter storm warnings and listening to forecasts of up to 10 inches of snow for this week... with forecasts for NEXT week with high temps of FIVE.  I'm about ready for a snow day!  (Or a vacation to some place warm??)  Not to mention my January is CRAZY... lots of grading, report cards, OTES, mid-year benchmarks, changing my volunteer schedule... oh my! :-)

Needing - What a way to start the new year, huh?  I was cleaning this week and trying to whip my house into shape before I return to school next week, when my good ol' vacuum decided to bite the dust (instead of sweep it up... lol).  Grrrr!  It was only 3 years old!  Anyone have suggestions for a good vacuum without spending a fortune?  I'm not happy to splurge for one so soon but it's kinda a necessity - LOL.  Too bad Santa is off duty for the next 11 months...

Memory - My favorite Christmas memory from 2013 was simply the fact that I got to spend time with my family and my husband's family, and that everything worked out smoothly!  Usually the holidays are a crazy time for us, but this year everything worked out perfectly and we were able to spend time at each family without leaving in the middle and rushing to the other.  We even got to sleep in on Christmas too.  What a relaxing day!  :-)

Hope you have a wonderful 2014 and don't forget to link up with Farley to share your January Currently!

6 comments:

  1. Kristen - your blog is so cute! I definitely can relate to everything you wrote here, and...I think you're onto something with the one word --->Improvement. I like that. I generally hesitate to make resolutions because they wind up being broken in like 5 minutes. :) Best wishes for an amazing "improved" 2014!
    :) Danielle - Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kristen!
    I hate it that you have to get a new vacuum! We have a Eureka from Bed, Bath & Beyond and it's lasted several years so far. We have mostly hardwood floors, though, and a few Oriental rugs. Good luck on that one - at least at BB&B you can get 20% off!
    Your blog is adorable, BTW, and I always love finding other second grade bloggers - I'd love for you to stop by mine sometime...I'm having a blog make-over in February, and probably a party to celebrate!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen!
    I am so glad we are lined up in Currently. I loved reading your thoughts! (And I e-mailed you the link for Christina's font)
    A million years ago, I helped make a float for the Rose Parade. It was an amazing experience. We had to cover the structure petal-and-petal. It took for.ev.er. But it was beautiful when it was done.
    And I loved your "refresh button" comment. I agree completely! I live for those times to regroup and recharge.

    So fun to chat with you on Currently. Farley will be smiling!
    Happy New Year!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope a snow day comes your way for you to finish your to do list and the vacuuming :) I like improvements!!! Once can always improve :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your blog design! It's so darn cute and makes me want a cupcake so bad! LOL. I hope you got the snow day. We got one the other day and it was amazing. =) Yay for being your newest Blog Lovin follower. Drop by! =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Stopping by to let you know that I have nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger award.

    Head on over to my blog to find out the details!

    Missy:)
    http://www.theadventuresofaclassyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete